How to Maximize the ROI on Your Presentations
Despite the enormous role they play in business, many presentations are created, used once and then forgotten forever. This is an ineffective and wasteful approach which costs money and time while making it harder to sell. With a presentation management strategy in place—and the right presentation management solution on hand—enterprises can unlock the full power of their best presentation assets, increasing conversions, organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Many of today’s most successful businesses are powered by presentations
- Unfortunately, a vast majority of presentations are only used once because these critical enterprise assets aren’t managed correctly
- By investing in a presentation management solution, organizations can put their best presentations to work every time—maximizing their ROI and increasing their bottom lines
If it’s important, it ends up in a PowerPoint.
Any critical idea, product feature or company differentiator will eventually make its way into a presentation. In other words, some of your company’s best and strongest assets are located within the mountains of PowerPoint slides your employees generate.
Presentations help people better understand the points you’re trying to convey. They transmit the information potential customers or investors need to in order to act and react to your pitches. Simply put, presentations are the way things get done in business. Every company uses PowerPoint as a medium to deliver their most important messages.
Creating an effective PowerPoint presentation is hard work. It involves spectacular copywriting that showcases interesting information and alluring graphic design, elements and branding. Taken together, these elements—coupled with solid public speaking skills—help presenters convince audience members to act in favor of their business.
Despite all the work that goes into the production of a PowerPoint presentation, most organizations use those assets once—and then they’re gone forever. The next time someone needs to make a similar presentation, they end up preparing their own deck from scratch. Fingers crossed those efforts won’t be a waste of time and money.
When companies have presentations that have proven to convert, it’s imperative that they reuse these assets as often as possible. Otherwise, as more and more decks are created, it’s a waste of money and resources, at best. And, at worst, it sets your business up for failure because you can never count on the next presentation being as effective as the initial one. Download our definitive guide to learn more about how presentation management strategy can help your company!
Treat Presentations Like the Assets They Are
Instead of treating presentations like random files that aren’t too important, it’s time to start treating them like the powerful enterprise assets that they are. Leveraging your strongest presentation assets—those that have proven to convert prospects into customers—in a methodical way will improve your business’ performance. It’s how you maximize the ROI on your presentations. In fact, companies that adopt robust content management strategies stand to realize a 400% ROI within five years of adoption.
Companies that use their assets wisely are the ones that succeed. When you know that you have a presentation that is effective and you equip your team with that information when they go out into the field, you’re giving them the tools they need to succeed.
With the best assets in tow, every member of your team becomes as knowledgeable and articulate as subject matter experts—and even the CEO. With a library of strong assets on hand, everyone can talk intelligently about any area of the business at any time—even when it’s outside the scope of their expertise.
Unlock the Full Value of These Assets with Presentation Management
In order to maximize the ROI on your presentations, you need to ensure that the best ones are used regularly. Not only will this increase your conversions and bolster your bottom line, it will also prevent employees from doing duplicative work (e.g., creating a presentation that mimics one that already exists).
But how exactly can you ensure that your team always has access to your company’s best presentation assets?
The answer’s not as tricky as you might think. By developing the right presentation management strategy and using a platform that makes storing, sharing, revising and presenting these assets easy, organizations get the peace of mind that comes with knowing their teams are always using the company’s most up-to-date messaging, and that they are using slides that have proven to be the most effective at converting.
Presentation management ensures that your presentation assets are available to everyone in the enterprise—and that the right person can find the right content at the right time. Good presentation management makes presentations easier for everyone in the company.
With a robust presentation management platform in place, companies no longer have to worry about someone from the sales team pitching from an outdated deck. They also won’t have to worry about someone having trouble finding a deck in the first place because they’re forced to sift through hundreds of versions of hundreds of presentations—all stored in the same folder. Instead, they’ll know exactly where they need to go and have a much easier time finding that one slide or file that they are looking for.
How Presentation Management Strengthens Each Stage of the Process
Presentation management optimizes all stages of the workflow associated with building, sharing, presenting and updating presentations:
- Creating. With the right presentation management strategy in place, presentations will be used many times. Not only should employees think about creating the asset for the first meeting it’s needed for, they should also think about how it will be used in the future. In other words, presentations have a much bigger purpose than a simple “one-and-done.” When you create presentations with an eye toward the future, you get a higher ROI—especially when you’re paying a content writer and a designer to polish the presentation.
- Distributing. Presentation management platforms make it easy for your team to access the digital assets they’re looking for. For the best presentation results, employees need to be able to easily navigate the system to track down the content they need when they need it. For this reason, look for a presentation management platform that has a built-in search tool that makes it easy to find files. This will not only empower employees to find what they’re looking for quickly, it will also reduce their frustration in the process. Further, they won’t end up pitching from a less-than-optimal deck simply because they can’t locate the right asset.
- Sharing. Leading presentation management solutions make it easy to share presentations both internally (e.g., with partners and employees) and externally (e.g., with clients and sales prospects). If you spend a ton of time creating the best presentation in the world but no one hears your message because you can’t share it, then it’s just another wasted asset. Find a platform that allows users to share content via email or broadcast so everyone—not just the members of your sales team—can promote your products and services. The easier it is to share, the easier it is to evangelize. For example, imagine one of your clients is talking to their business partner who’s in need of services similar to the ones you offer. You just sent your client an effective presentation. When the business partner discusses their problem, the client simply sends them a link to your presentation and voila—you have a new customer shortly thereafter.
- Broadcasting. It used to be that sales teams had to meet prospects in-person to pitch to them. In the age of the internet, that’s no longer the case. Best-in-class presentation management solutions simplify the broadcasting process, making it easy to present your assets to remote audiences over the Internet.
- Presenting. Of course, a lot of business is still done in-person. The right presentation management solution also makes it easy to present to a room full of people. Say goodbye to endlessly searching for files and experiencing “technical difficulties” and say hello to point-and-click simplicity and a seamless presentation experience.
- Tracking. In order to get the best results from your presentations, you need to be able to use data to determine which assets are the most effective. To do that, you need to first identify which assets are used the most and understand why that’s the case. Strong presentation management systems enable companies to easily track usage statistics to get an idea of which messages, products, services, case studies and decks resonate the most with staff, clients and partners. Armed with that information, managers can instruct their teams to leverage the assets that have proven to convert.
- Updating. If you update a presentation but your salespeople in the field are still relying on an old version, what’s the point? The best presentation in the world today won’t work forever. As your business offerings change, your presentations need to change along with them. Furthermore, look for presentation management solutions that make it easy to redistribute presentations—even to employees who work on the other side of the country. Coupled with the right organization strategy, the strongest solutions on the market make it fairly intuitive as to which version of a presentation is the most current, reducing the chances anyone ever pitches from the wrong deck.
There’s no sense in spending a lot of time and money building presentation assets that are only used once or twice—particularly when some of those assets are the best presentations your company has ever created.
By thinking about the impact of your presentations over the long term while you create them—and using a presentation management solution like Shufflrr to get the most out of these assets—you can enjoy favorable outcomes without having to do a ton of extra work to get the results you’re looking for. Remember, the technology removes all of the traditional presentation management headaches from the equation—like doing duplicate work, pitching from the wrong version or sifting through hundreds of files to find the most current asset to update.
Today’s leading enterprises understand that presentation strategy is a continuous cycle. To get to the next level, your organization needs to stop thinking about presentations with a “one-and-done” mentality and start thinking about a broader enterprise strategy that treats presentations as some of the most important assets your company controls. With the right approach, you’ll end up with a happier team, more satisfied clients and a healthier bottom line.
Want to learn more about presentation management? Download our definitive guide!