AlexAnndra Ontra is a Co-Founder of Shufflrr and oversees Operations, including client services, sales, and marketing. Alex applies her expertise in Presentation Management to service Shufflrr’s broad array of clients including Royal Caribbean, ADP, and Time Warner.
James Ontra is co-founder and CEO of Shufflrr, where he is responsible for vision, strategy and technical development. He brings over 30 years of entrepreneurial expertise and 20 years of experience on both the sales and developmental sides of presentation management software.
Entrepreneurial Role Models:
- The coffee seller on the corner
- Steve Jobs
When business started difficulties overcame:
“Every day is a difficulty we still have to overcome them today it’s a constant learning process. Sometimes I say to people, you want to learn how to be an entrepreneur? Here’s 10 T-shirts, go on the street and sell them and come back to me by the way you’re buying them for $40 and if you don’t come back to me selling at least 4 for $10 you are lost. That’s the true challenge of being an entrepreneur”…[Listen for More]
- How to Win Friends and Influence People book by Dale Carnegie
- Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamers and Innovators Create and Dominate Markets Book by Al Ramadan, Christopher Lochhead, Dave Peterson, and Kevin Maney
“People won’t remember what you say but they’ll remember how you make them feel” “Never take marble for granite”
Recommended Online Resources:
Linkedin – is a business- and employment-oriented social networking service that operates via websites and mobile apps
Google – is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Best Advice to Other Entrepreneurs:
“It’s a great time to start your own business and when you’re doing it there are so many organisations that are there to support you so I would search out in your field whether you’re a dentist or a tech company, search out those organisations because you will be able to find other like minded entrepreneurs who will help you along the way and whether they help you by introducing a new partner or referring a client or helping you get a bank loan, seek out other entrepreneurs because you end up being a good source for each other”…[Listen for More]
More About AlexAnndra Ontra & James Ontra:
Neil’s Quote at the Beginning:
“Within ourselves, there are voices that provide us with all the answers that we need to heal our deepest wounds, to transcend our limitations, to overcome our obstacles or challenges, and to see where our soul is longing to go.” Debbie Ford
Other Quotes From the Chat with AlexAnndra Ontra & James Ontra:
- “People are going to tell you all sorts of things and don’t take marble for granite, figure out what your profession is and be an expert in it and you’ll never make that mistake”
- “You race to where the puck is going not to where it’s been”
- “Never lose stride”
- “If you stop you die”
- “It’s like gravity a client will say hey why don’t you do this feature and all of a sudden the whole company starts going that way and if they say it loud enough with a lot of money the whole company could get pulled off course, if you have proper values people will know to keep it on line, where you’re going and why”