How To Reporting: Understanding the QuickView Area
When you access the Dashboard within the Reports area of Shufflrr, you are presented with the QuickView, a simple graph that gives a quick view of the files and users over a specific time period. It defaults to show you Total Files over the last 30 days. Figure 1 shows a typical graph.
Figure 1: The QuickView Area
But you can see so much more by altering the Time and Information dimensions in this graph.
Here is a tour of all values you can use within both these dimensions.
To change the Time dimension, click the Change button to bring up a drop-down list containing time values to choose from, as shown in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Time drop-down list
You can choose from six preset time durations, or choose the Custom option if none of the presets work for you.
- Today: The present day.
- Yesterday: The day before today.
- Last 7 days: The last seven days, including today.
- Last 30 days: The last thirty days, including today.
- This Month: All days in this month. This is not the same as the last 30 days. For example, if the present date is April 12th, this time dimension will show data for April 1st to 30th, but since the whole month is not yet over, you’ll effectively see data from April 1st to 12th.
- Last Month: All days in the previous month. For example, if the present date is April 12th, the Last Month time dimension will show you data from March 1st to 31st.
- Custom: Shows data for a custom range of dates, as explained next.
When you use the Custom option, you see a flyout with two monthly calendars, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Flyout with calendars showing different months
You choose the Start Date in the calendar on the left, and the End Date in the calendar on the right. Although the screenshot in Figure 3 shows different months in both calendars, you can also have the same month on both calendars if your Start Date and End Date both are within the same month, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Flyout with calendars of the same month
Yes, these calendars are not too different from what you may see on a travel site when booking flight tickets, or a hotel site when booking a room.
Once you have set values for the Date dimension explained in the preceding area, you will want to choose the type of Information you want to see for your chosen dates. Click the drop-down list for Total Files to bring up more options, as can be seen in Figure 5, below.
Figure 5: Choose the information you want to see
Here is an explanation of all choices available to you:
- Total Files: Shows you the number of files uploaded.
- Total File Size: Shows the size of all files uploaded.
- Total Slides: Shows the number of slides contained within all files you have uploaded.
- Total Shares: Shows the number of shares that you have generated.
- Total Users: Shows the number of users in your Shufflrr account.
- Daily Visitors: Shows how many visitors you’ve had for each day.
- Daily Views: Shows the number of views per day.
- Daily Downloads: Shows the number of downloads that have occurred per day.
Using any combination of the Date and Information dimensions, you have an almost endless number of options to see your data.