How To Reporting: User Tab
The Reporting area within Shufflrr gives you access to varied reports, such as Dashboard, File, Slide, and many more. In this post, we will explore the User tab that shows details and statistics about all users within your Shufflrr account.
To access the User tab, follow these steps:
- Log into your Shufflrr account.
- Select the Reports option in the top navigation bar. This will launch the Reporting module with the Dashboard tab activated by default.
- Click the User tab, highlighted in blue within Figure 1.
When you see the User tab for the first time, you will see all users listed in the User Report area, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: User Tab Main Screen
By default, the users are listed in alphabetical order. The user data you see is not for a specific date range, but for all dates, meaning from the date your Shufflrr account was set up, until today. To change the date range, click the Change button in the Date area, as shown in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Change Dates in the User Tab
These date options are self-explanatory, but if you’d like more information on these values, go to our QuickView page.
Next, you need to make choices within the two drop-down filters you see below the Date options. These two filters are User and Group. Note that you can make choices in any one or both these filters. We explore these filters below:
User: You can select this leftmost drop-down list and it will remain blank until you start typing the name of the user whom you want to track. If you are not sure about the name, start typing and the list will start to auto-populate. If this does not help, type in a vowel character such as a, e, i, o, or u to begin. Then just scroll down the populated list or go on typing more characters, and you will be able to find the exact user you are looking for, as shown in Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: User Filter
Group: You can also use the Group filter to identify users in a particular group, as shown in Figure 4, below. When a user is created, Shufflrr allows you to designate the user to specific groups. Note that the drop-down filter only allows you to choose one group.
Figure 4: Group Filter
Once you choose a date range, and select filters, click the green Apply button towards the right side of the filter drop-down list Figure 5, below.
Figure 5: Apply button in User tab
Even before you click the Apply button, you may want to clear all filters. You can clear filters by clicking on the x sign towards the right side of the drop-down lists, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 6, below.
Figure 6: Clear Filter
If you choose to see results within the browser window, they will populate below in the User Report area, as shown in Figure 7, below.
Figure 7: Results in User Report
You can see zoomed in areas of the User Report in Figures 8 and 9 below.
Figure 8: Results in User Report – Leftwards Options
Figure 9: Results in User Report – Rightwards Options
The User Report area provides detailed reports of each user, and the files they worked with.
You can review the following details in the results table, as marked in Figure 7, above:
- Name: Displays the name of the user. Clicking on a name brings up the User Profile associated with the name, as shown in Figure 10, below.
Figure 10: User Profile
- Email: Displays the email address of the user. Clicking on the email address creates a new email in your default email application, addressed to the user.
- Groups: Shows the groups within the Shufflrr account, that the user is part of.
- Join Date: Displays the date, when the user joined the Shufflrr account.
- Last Access Date: Displays the date, when the user last logged in to the Shufflrr account.
- Download Count: Provides the number of downloads for the user. Clicking this number will open up a more detailed report within the Activity tab for downloads.
- View Count: Displays the number of slides viewed. Clicking this number will open up a more detailed report within the Activity tab for views.
- Like Count: Provides the number of slide liked. Clicking this number will open up a more detailed report within the Likes tab.
- Comment Count: Indicates the number of comments. Clicking this number will open up a more detailed report within the Comments tab.
- Share Count: Shows the number of shares. Clicking this number will bring up the Users’ tab with more detail of Shares.
- Presentations Created: Shows the number of presentations created by the user in the Shufflrr account. Clicking on the number will open the File tab of Reporting.
- Files Uploaded: Provides the number of files uploaded by the user to the Shufflrr account. Clicking on the number will open the File tab of Reporting.
- Slides Used: Displays the number of slides used by the user in the Shufflrr account. Clicking on the number will open the Slide tab of Reporting.
- Repeat Slides Used: Shows the number of slides, used repeatedly by the user in the Shufflrr account. Clicking on the number will open the Slide tab of Reporting.
Additionally, each detail specified above functions as a header in the results table. You can click on any header to use that field to sort the results within the table.
Shufflrr offers three formats to download a report: CSV, XML and JSON. CSV is the most popular because it opens in Excel and looks like an Excel. It’s familiar. XML is versatile and allows for the ability to feed the report into a 3rd party corporate reporting system. And, JSON is the format for the actual webpage that you see live in Shufflrr.
To choose any one of these options, click on the downward pointing arrow next to the Apply button, and you will see a small drop-down window where you can select your report to download in CSV, XML, or JSON formats, as shown in Figure 11, below.
Figure 11: Download as CSV, XML, and JSON